ArtistsforHire

Saturday, September 15, 2018

Halloween Pumpkin Finish, China Holiday

Another older finish, to some extent.  Halloween Pumpkin, from Artiste. 5x7" on 16ct white aida, full coverage 2x1 cross stitch. Some partial stitches, and I left off the backstitch, kinda looked cheesy. And wow, did this take a long time. Not just how long I've had it, but the actual stitching, as it's 16ct not 14. And it's all full coverage, and very few of these tiny charts ever are.  But I love it, rather stunning for only 3 colors. It's up on eBay  and I will give it a little bit before posting to Etsy.

Nothing much on the other pumpkin, the diamond painting. I am still waiting for missing drills to arrive, and have set it aside for now.  I may not pick it up again until the spring, to be worked on in advance of next holiday season.  I'm going to pick out a Christmas one this week, which will be one with extra kits, to also sell direct once they arrive.  This is just on the FB page, as I am not ready to add to the Ebay site until after the main holiday season for me is done.

I also have square diamond drills #310 and #318 already shipping to me.  Those will be available in a week, or so. Also, preferably through FB, although I have added to a stationary Bonanza site for those, as it is much slower, and some other perks that eBay doesn't have.

I'd suggest if you've been waiting to place some orders, that you do that soon, for diamond paintings or other items on my shop site.  The October Festival in China is Oct 1-7 and they are closed all that time.  And from what I remember last year, seriously closed. Nothing happens.  Which means you need to order a few days before then, so the order can be processed, sent to the shipping containers, and out to sea, before Oct 1.  Some of my suppliers are MUCH faster than others, but of course, you don't know which ones, beforehand..... So, considering that also falls into a weekend, before that, I'd suggest you place orders by Sept 24 or before. If not, it could be 6 weeks before you get your items, as they will be backlogged as well.

In the meantime, the weather has been giving me some fits, but it is storm season and the change into cooler weather. I do hope to have some other finishes posted soon, but with a few of those issues, and it being well into my selling season, there are only so many hours in a day!  Be safe out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment