ArtistsforHire

Sunday, June 26, 2022

Christmas Bunnies Pixel Mosaic Finish, another hop, more new things

 


Christmas Bunnies.  A pixel mosaic from Mosaic Magic, Sunrise Crafts & Hobby. A pretty old kit, maybe one of the first of this type of craft to come out.  And rather maddening, the pegs have the nubby male end, not the baseplate, as PixelHobby etc, do. So much more difficult, and it was already a rather challenging project. I'd kind of like to see this worked up in cross stitch, I think it would still be adorably cute.   This is the finished project only, 4 baseplates, 8x10in design.  This kit also had the adhesive foam layer and a foamboard, so those are attached and included. And yes, I know, this is an expensive type of craft. It's up on ebay


And for those paying attention, an extra boost on getting that done, is that it was started when I was in a period of severe relationship and general life trauma.  It's the first project from that era that I've been able to work on and finish.  I have more items that are half finished from that time, that I'd like to get a jump on finishing, as I can, a bit at a time; I think I'm ready. At least for the ones I can do....if you know, you know.


In the meantime, I've started adding more US dropship items, getting some items tweaked and ready for Christmas, as yes, it is getting to be that time. Seasonal, holiday items, and general uptick of gift things and cooler weather, back to school, yes.  Most suppliers, if the are up and running, and anywhere near at regular time capacities, have raised their prices dramatically.  Many are up 15% in item cost, and an increase in some shipping fees. If it seems expensive, it is, and I don't jack up prices.


As well, I am still eyeballing some various China adds to the website. A few different crafts and other type items. It's a little on the back burner right now, as I had to change back office systems, so I'm working on some other things.  And in the middle of that, I have moved my stuff again, about 2 hours away from where I was--and I'm still not really confident that it was as wonderful of a move as it was made out to be, and may not last much longer.


I also have an opportunity to purchase some bulk makeup lots, and I would like to do that, as soon as things settle down a little bit.  It's actually makeup, some department store type jewelry, maybe some other hygiene care items.  It would be nice to keep that in a steady rotation.  For now, that will all also be going to ebay.  AND, I'm looking at importing some Japanese items.  Direct from Japan, fully branded items, including food. I've seen some lovely oriental fabrics and other things that would be my top choice, so stay tuned for that, definitely more towards the fall. I'll have more updates on that, and other winter ideas, as it gets closer.  Stay safe--and strong, out there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment